[asterisk-users] ISDN BRI vs SIP Trunks over EDIA

Mark Engelhardt marke at intuitiveengineering.com
Wed Apr 27 11:12:57 CDT 2016

Hello,

I am installing Asterisk in a small office with just 4 lines and 8 Extensions.

I have two choices from my local telco (Fairpoint):

1) Old School ISDN BRI lines which I would connect to Asterisk with a OpenVOX B200P
2) Telco supplied SIP trunks over a service called EDIA which is 1MB ethernet over several pair of copper lines.

The ISDN BRI solution is less than 1/2 the price of the SIP solution.

Any recommendations? Pitfalls?

Mark Engelhardt
- in snowy Vermont!