[asterisk-users] Incoming calls from Andrews & Arnold failing to authenticate

Julian Beach jb_soft at trink.co.uk
Sat Apr 23 16:45:32 CDT 2016

Hello Phil,

On Saturday, April 23, 2016, 12:19:15 PM, you wrote:

> I have checked that the username and password in my config agree both
> ends, and have even tried changing them.

> The bulk of my calls come in on A&A, so I am obviously trying to find
> out what has gone wrong. No-one else is seeing any problem. What do I
> need to do to track this down?

I have a couple of lines with A&A, and I have not been having any
problems recently. When I have had similar problems in the past, it
has been an issue with the SIP config. I originally had a number of
contexts set up in sip.conf to handle the lines coming in (such as
[aa-line1], [aa-line2]) each with their own username and password
settings. The type=user setting was critical, because all the calls
came from the same IP address, and using type=peer caused matching
problems which resulted in authentication failures. This got too
complex to manage once I added in all the IP addresses A&A calls might
come in from. so I simplified the setup.

I now have just one context in sip.conf to handle incoming A&A calls,
with the same username for all lines, and type=peer. Calls are then
sent to extensions.conf, where the calls are directed to the correct
call-handler for the line based on the CID. Here is the setup in
sip.conf for A&A calls:

sip.conf
========
[aa-incoming](!)
type=peer
context=aa-incoming
insecure=invite
transport=udp
disallow=all
allow=alaw
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes

; IPv4 hostnames
[voiceless-1](aa-incoming)
host=a4.voiceless.aa.net.uk
[voiceless-2](aa-incoming)
host=b4.voiceless.aa.net.uk
[voiceless-3](aa-incoming)
host=c4.voiceless.aa.net.uk
[voiceless-4](aa-incoming)
host=d4.voiceless.aa.net.uk
[voiceless-5](aa-incoming)
host=e4.voiceless.aa.net.uk
[voiceless-6](aa-incoming)
host=f4.voiceless.aa.net.uk
[voiceless-7](aa-incoming)
host=g4.voiceless.aa.net.uk
[voiceless-8](aa-incoming)
host=h4.voiceless.aa.net.uk
[voiceless-9](aa-incoming)
host=i4.voiceless.aa.net.uk
[voiceless-10](aa-incoming)
host=j4.voiceless.aa.net.uk

The trustrpid and sendrpid settings were important.

extensions.conf  (DNIDs changed)
[aa-incoming]
exten => 440000000001,1,Goto(from-aa-line1,s,1)
exten => 440000000002,1,Goto(from-aa-line2,s,1)
exten => 440000000003,1,Goto(from-aa-line3,s,1)

Hope this helps.

Julian

--
Best regards,