[asterisk-users] Trouble getting Asterisk Running with FreePBX 11

Daniel Chavez topdog2046 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 08:52:49 CDT 2016

Hi,
I recently had to reinstall Asterisk and FreePBX. asteirsk 11.20 and FreePBX 12.
This is running on Centos 6.7 32 bit.
When I use amportal start
It comes up with the errors below
Error in argument 1, char 2: option not found r
/usr/local/sbin/amportal: line 49: Usage:: command not found
**** WARNING: ERROR IN CONFIGURATION ****
astrundir in '/etc/asterisk' is set to  but the directory
does not exists. Attempting to create it with: 'mkdir -p '
mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help' for more information.
**** ERROR: COULD NOT CREATE  ****
Attempt to execute 'mkdir -p ' failed with an exit code of 1
You must create this directory and the try again.
I'm not sure how to solve this? Asterisk already has the run directory in /var/run/asterisk and the config file notes this.
Perhaps it's PHP? Before I ran PHP 5.4 and now am running PHP 5.5.