[asterisk-users] recreating extensions.conf from live dialplan ?

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Wed Apr 13 10:57:45 CDT 2016

On Wednesday 13 Apr 2016, Jeremy Kister wrote:
> with the slip of a finger, i destroyed by extensions.conf (grep -i >
> extensions.conf)
>
> I have a backup that is dozens of hours of code old.
>
> is there a way i can use the asterisk cli (or some other asterisky
> method) to recreate that extensions.conf ?

You could try
*CLI> dialplan show
The output from this is not the same format as an extensions.conf file, but it
will have all the relevant information in it; and it seems to include all the
relevant infiormation.  So it could be made to look like an extensions.conf
file, if you really have nothing else -- desperate situations call for
desperate remedies, and all that .....

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .