[asterisk-users] Debian 8.4 : dahdi startup scripts ?

Bertrand LUPART - Linkeo.com bertrand.lupart at linkeo.com
Tue Apr 12 12:06:00 CDT 2016

>> On 12 avr. 2016, at 17:48, Eric Cooper <ecc at cmu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 04:36:58PM +0200, Bertrand LUPART - Linkeo.com wrote:
>>> I just made a asterisk / dahdi fresh install on Debian 8.4, and ended up with the following packages :
>>> [...]
>>> However, i can't find any dahdi startup script, neither init.d neither systemd fashion.
>>
>> The dahdi package (version 1:2.10.0.1-1) contains /etc/init.d/dahdi
>
> Mine only contain /etc/init.d but not the dahdi script which should be inside :

According to a last-year bug report (from me ;) :

"I'll just note that in the Jessie version the preffered mode of
operation would be not to use the init script at all and rely on running
dahdi_cfg from a udev hook."

I'm not sure i understand how it's supposed to work.

> I manually downloaded dahdi_2.5.0.1-2_amd64.deb and extracted /etc/init.d/dahdi , I hope no side effect.

Apparently, that's not a way to go.

--
Bertrand LUPART