[asterisk-users] Compiling Dahdi (Can't read private key)

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Thu Apr 7 12:41:31 CDT 2016

On 4/7/16 11:55 AM, jg wrote:

>> Since a couple versions back I keep getting these messages when
>> compiling Dahdi:
>>
>> make[2]: Entering directory
>> `/usr/src/kernels/3.10.0-327.13.1.el7.x86_64'
>>   INSTALL
>> /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.11.1+2.11.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/dahdi_echocan_sec.ko
>> Can't read private key
>>   INSTALL
>> /usr/src/dahdi-linux-complete-2.11.1+2.11.1/linux/drivers/dahdi/dahdi_echocan_sec2.ko
>> Can't read private key
>>
>>      Anyone know what they are about?
>>
> You can ignore this. I guess your system is CentOS 7. I used to know
> what the reason was, but forgot it. I guess when you google the
> message, you'll find an answer.

     I guess this is related to CentOS 7 wanting signed kernel modules
then.  Seems they work anyway.  Now the only remaining problem is that
after doing "make config" the make file is not installing any startup
script.  I did it several times and nothing happened.  I had to manually
copy dahdi.init to /etc/init.d/dahdi and then enable the service.  This
script can still start dahdi but can no longer stop it, at least the
kernel modules are no longer unloaded when you do a "service dahdi
stop".  Seems systemd finally got the better of the old startup
scripts.  Has anyone made some systemd native scripts for dahdi and
asterisk?

Carlos Chávez
+52 (55)9116-91161