[asterisk-users] Respond to an out of call SIP MESSAGE

Emil Ohlsson emo at svep.se
Mon Sep 28 11:38:49 CDT 2015

Ah, so I can use

MessageSend(sip:alice)

to send a message to Alice then (reusing the existing TLS session). That does seem to work. Thanks :-). I didn't know you could use users there.

Is there a variable or some other method to see which user that did send the message? I'm thinking something in the lines of

[context]
exten => _X!,1,NoOp(Handling message from ${SENDER})

I didn't see any useful information using dumpchan, so I'm guessing there isn't any variable for it. $CALLERID(name) didn't contain the name and $SIP_HEADER seems to be focused on calls.

Since the information is in the SIP header it should be possible to get.

/E