[asterisk-users] caller id spoofing/setting on analog

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Mon Sep 28 10:16:09 CDT 2015

On Friday 25 Sep 2015, Ryan, Travis wrote:
> I've not used analog for quite some time. It seems it's not possible in
> asterisk to spoof a phone number/name on an analog call?

Probably not if you are using an analogue FXO connection to the exchange;
because there is no standardised way of communicating supervisory information
over such a link.

In any case, changing the caller identity information is a telco-dependent
feature.  Not all telephone companies support changing it; and even the ones
that do, may well restrict you to using only numbers that belong to you.

Of course, if you have an analogue telephone plugged into your Asterisk
machine with an FXS adaptor, then *you* are the telco -- and can send whatever
ident you like to phones thus connected.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .