[asterisk-users] phones behind nat

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Fri Sep 11 15:45:28 CDT 2015

On Fri, 11 Sep 2015, Jerry Geis wrote:

> My issue is if I call phone to phone in the office the phone doesnt even
> ring. The CLI shows I'm calling the correct extension like SIP/524.

The lack of sufficient connectivity to signal ringing suggests taking a
peek with wireshark may be fruitful as well as reviewing the configuration
of the endpoints.

Can you check the web page on the phones to confirm the IP addresses and
netmasks are as expected? (What you think your configuration does is less
important than what the phone thinks it does.)

I recently broke a lot of things between my office and my home when I
decided to split 192.168.0.0 with a 255.255.255.128 net mask.

I also recently broke a working configuration by running Asterisk and
OpenSIPS on 5060. The phones would ring but could not answer. Lost a lot
of time until I started confirming the really basic stuff and entered
'sudo netstat -a -n -p | grep 5060'

--
Thanks in advance,