[asterisk-users] Low quality using mobile phone

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Sun Sep 6 02:51:38 CDT 2015

Hi list!

I have an Asterisk 1.8.30.0-1 installed on an OpenWRT-Switch.
It works correct since July with two VoIP-phones.

Now I configured my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy 2 with Android 4.1.2) to use
my Asterisk, so that I can call and receive calls from my mobile phone, too.

I configured it to use a UDP-Port, which will be forwarded with NAT to the
Asterisk and to always send keepalive.

Here the configuration of the user in Asterisk:

[00491773333333]
fullname = 00491773333333
secret = VERYSECRET
dahdichan = 1
hassip = yes
hasiax = no
hash323 = no
hasmanager = no
callwaiting = no
context = default
host = dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
sendrpid=pai
type=friend
nat=yes
qualify=yes
qualifyfreq=60
avpf=no
force_avp=no
icesupport=no
encryption=no
callgroup=
pickupgroup=
dial=SIP/00491773333333
allow = all

Now the problem: the audio quality is very poor and the other peer has big
problem to understand me.
This if I use my own WLAN, too (same network of the other VoIP-phones).
I don't find anything in the logs.

Any idea, where could be the problem?

Thanks a lot
Luca Bertoncello