[asterisk-users] PJSIP and RTT in realtime

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Fri Oct 30 07:37:27 CDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Ryan, Travis <RyanT at oscarwinski.com> wrote:

> So  I am using PJSIP realtime with Asterisk 13. I set the
> qualify_frequency column AORS and it now shows the RTT in milliseconds in
> the console. I want to be able to display that in a webpage, and was hoping
> the RTT would be updated in one of the realtime tables, but I don’t see it.
> The old chan_sip had this available.

Unlike chan_sip, a single table isn't used to store all the information
related to the activities happening in the stack. In this case, the round
trip time is associated with a 'contact_status' object, not the endpoint or
AoR itself (as an AoR may have multiple contacts). Unlike other sorcery
objects that typically represent configuration information, this is a
dynamic object that Asterisk typically manages transparently for you; hence
why it generally does not show up in configuration documentation. However,
since this is a sorcery object, you can specify in sorcery.conf where you'd
like that object to be persisted. Note that by default, it is persisted
using the 'memory' wizard.

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Director of Technology