[asterisk-users] Asterisk encrypted authentication for clients

Pete Mundy pete at fiberphone.co.nz
Thu Oct 29 23:18:42 CDT 2015

Motty,

Isn't this why digest authentication (ie the nonce[1]) is part of the standard SIP auth handshake?

Ie, why do you think the password is not already encrypted?

Pete

[1] https://andrewjprokop.wordpress.com/2015/01/27/understanding-sip-authentication/
(paragraph starting 'Take a look at the Proxy-Authenticate header and you will see a Nonce parameter')