[asterisk-users] Will RFC4904 ever be supported by Asterisk?

Juan van Rooyen juan.vanrooyen at lightwire.co.nz
Thu Oct 22 15:40:11 CDT 2015

Hi all,

So I haven't been able to get TGID-based authentication to work with our
BroadSoft/BroadWorks based provider.

The reason being that the Contact Header on outgoing INVITES can't be
altered. Both chan_sip and chan_pjsip seem to use the Contact Header for
various other reasons.

So I'm wondering if this RFC is on any roadmap to be supported by Asterisk?
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4904

The specific section is:

6.1.  User Agent Client Behavior

   A User Agent Client (UAC) initiating a call that uses trunk groups

   and supports this specification MUST include the trunk group

  parameters in the Contact header URI (a Contact URI MUST be a sip or

   sips URI; thus, what appears in the Contact header is a SIP

   translation of the tel URI, complete with the trunk group

   parameters).

Regards,

Juan