[asterisk-users] oslec echo cancellation

Ethy H. Brito ethy.brito at inexo.com.br
Thu Oct 22 12:18:11 CDT 2015

On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 17:12:46 +0300
Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 11:46:38AM -0200, Ethy H. Brito wrote:
> > On Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:06:59 +0300
> > Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

> > > dahdi_echocan_oslec should be built by default. What you may miss is the
> > > 'echo.ko' (OSLEC) kernel module.
> >
> > Ooopss.
> >
> > I did not make myself clear.
> >
> > All modules are in place and working  - *if* I "modprobe" them manually.
> >
> > The problem is "service dahdi start" does not load echo+dahdi_echocan_oslec.
> >
> > I have a production system that does it. I just do not know how.
> >
> > After copying this system to another machine and upgrade it (apt-get
> > dist-upgrade), echo+dahdi_echocan_oslec does not get inserted anymore and I
> > am wondering why.
>
> The echo canceller modules get loaded automatically when needed: if you
> have the line 'echocanceller=foo,12' in /etc/dahdi/system.conf and run
> dahdi_cfg, dahdi_cfg will attempt to configure the echo canceller 'foo'
> for channel 12. The DAHDI core (kernel code) will notice it has no such
> echo canceller and try to load a module caller 'dahdi_echocan_foo'.

I do have a bunch of lines like these:
echocanceller=oslec,1-15,17-31
echocanceller=oslec,32
echocanceller=oslec,33

May the problem be that in this copy we do not have the cards installed?

Quit odd choice dahdi_cfg made if this is the case, since "service dahdi start" installed the drivers for these same inexistent cards!

> So, what do you have in /etc/dahdi/system.conf ? What is the output of
> lsdahdi?

Nothing since the cards are installed inside the production system.

Ethy