[asterisk-users] Asterisk HA with heartbeat and systemd

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 13:11:18 CDT 2015

Hello,

I'm setting up an active-passive Asterisk solution on Debian Jessie
platforms.
I'm using heartbeat package.

As I'm not yet familiar with either systemd or heartbeat, I've got a couple
of questions:

1. At the moment, I'm using /usr/share/heartbeat/hb_standby or
/usr/share/heartbeat/hb_takeover scripts to both :
- allocate "floating" IP addresses to active server
- start/stop asterisk daemon.

Is this appropriate ? What would you recommand instead ?

2. My /etc/ha.d/haresources file contains:
machine1 192.168.1.3 asterisk

With this, I can see that asterisk daemon is correctly started and stopped
when hb_standby/hb_takeover commands are typed but "service
asterisk,status" is a bit misleading with:

service asterisk status
● asterisk.service - LSB: Asterisk PBX
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/asterisk)
   Active: active (exited) since lun. 2015-10-19 18:02:58 CEST; 41min ago
  Process: 19576 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/asterisk stop (code=exited,
status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 19583 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/asterisk start (code=exited,
status=0/SUCCESS)

How can I best improve this and configure heartbeat to use "service
asterisk start/stop" ?

Regards