[asterisk-users] How to diable fax header (OR: what module could add that header?)

Recursive lists at binarus.de
Thu Oct 15 01:45:50 CDT 2015

On 14.10.2015 21:59, Eric Cooper wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 06:54:51PM +0200, Recursive wrote:
>> Some of the software components involved is inserting an unwanted
>> header line into the fax. The header is always formatted the same
>> way; an example (using a two page fax which I have just sent):
>> "13.10.2015 18:22:05" (at the left border of the page) and "001/002"
>> (at the right border of the page).
>
> Are you using ReceiveFax()?  If so, are you sure the unwanted
> information is already in the TIFF file?  Or could it be produced by
> whatever program is being used to convert and/or view the TIFF file?
>
> --
> Eric Cooper             e c c @ c m u . e d u

We have tested sending to third party endpoints as well as using ReceiveFAX(). In every case, the header is there, meaning it's in the TIFF file which ReceiveFAX produces.

But in the meantime, I have found out where it comes from. We don't use hardware faxes, but a network fax software which is based on CAPI on the server side. So we are using a T38 CAPI emulator on the server, and it has turned that this piece of software is inserting the unwanted header. Nor Asterisk nor our fax software are responsible, but the T38 "driver" - the last place where I had thought of.

I had a conversation with the developer of the emulator; he promised that he would change the software and the configuration dialog in a way that users could disable the unwanted header.

Regards,

Recursive