[asterisk-users] Error while compiling asterisk asterisk-1.8.32.3

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Wed Nov 25 09:34:52 CST 2015

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 1:51 AM, Jayesh Labade <jayesh.labade at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I encountered following error while compiling asterisk-1.8.32.3. I am
> using Debian 8(Jessie) 64 bit version.
>
> make[1]: *** [chan_dahdi.so] Error 1
> Makefile:351: recipe for target 'channels' failed
> make: *** [channels] Error 2
>
> Detailed error attached in log file.

I'm not sure what is going on there but I wanted to mention that
Asterisk 1.8 is completely EOL, there will be no further fixes, even
security fixes. For new installations you should use Asterisk 13 which
is the most recent LTS.

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions

--
Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager