[asterisk-users] How do I enable instant messaging support for PJSIP endpoints on Asterisk 13.1.0?

Sonny Rajagopalan sonny.rajagopalan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 19:35:49 CST 2015

Hello,

I am looking for documentation support for enabling instant messaging
between endpoints using Asterisk 13.1.0 and vanilla VoIP clients such as
Zoiper. Where do I enable this support on the server side and does it need
anything on the client side? I see plenty of online help for chan_sip, but
nothing for chan_pjsip.

I imagine there is both pjsip.conf configuration and extensions.conf
configuration?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sonny.