[asterisk-users] No sound with internal calls depending on which phones

Pete Mundy pete at fiberphone.co.nz
Thu Nov 12 13:36:28 CST 2015

Hi Denis

That advice is correct for disabling RTP support in the phone and if you have achieved this then your quoted error about SRTP in the Asterisk console (when the call is failing) should no longer be appearing.

This will help show that it was a red herring all along.

The next step (IMO) is to use the Snom's built-in packet capture capabilities to grab a packet capture of a failed conversation from each phone then post it somewhere with a link to the list so that others can inspect the SIP signalling to discover where the issue lies.

You may also need to provide some information about your network configuration, IP ranges, firewall etc (a little diagram goes a long way).

For information on how to use the packet capture capabilities on the phone refer the Snom user's guide. I'm pretty sure it's well documented.

Hope this helps and look forward to investigating the packet captures for you :)

Pete