[asterisk-users] asterisk 13 systemd

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Sat Nov 7 18:52:52 CST 2015

I deploy on Fedora exclusively (not using the Fedora packages) and this is
the service file I use.  It's different from the packaged version.

[Unit]
Description=Asterisk PBX and telephony daemon.
Requires=network-online.target
After=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=forking
PIDFile=/var/run/asterisk/asterisk.pid
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/asterisk/asterisk.env
WorkingDirectory=/var/lib/asterisk
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/asterisk -U asterisk -G asterisk -C
/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf ${PROG_ARGS}
KillMode=process
TimeoutStopSec=5
ExecStop=/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'core stop now'
ExecReload=/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx 'core reload'

Nice=0
UMask=0002
LimitCORE=infinity
LimitNOFILE=4096