[asterisk-users] Signaling incoming call

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun May 31 17:12:06 CDT 2015

On Sun, 31 May 2015, Luca Bertoncello wrote:

> Now, it would be nice, if I can signaling on the phone which number will
> be called, so that, for example, if I receive a call for +493511111111 I
> get a message on the display or the phone ring with a particular tone,
> and if I receive a call for +493512222222 the phone write something
> other on the display or ring with another tone.
>
> Is it possible? Maybe it depends from phone... I use a Thomson ST2022.

You can fiddle with the caller ID to change what is displayed on the
phone.

You can fiddle with the ring tone by phone specific configuration and
phone specific SIP headers (sipaddheader(Alert-Info: ...)).

These seem relevant:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/RTTTL+melodies+for+ST2030 (the
discussion looks relevant as well).

http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/thomson_st2030.html