[asterisk-users] תשובה: Seeking advice about ISDN BRI Cards

Israel Gottlieb isrlgb at gmail.com
Thu May 28 04:18:48 CDT 2015

  הודעה מקורית
מאת: jg
נשלח: יום חמישי, 28 במאי 2015 12:18
אל: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
השב ל: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
נושא: Re: [asterisk-users] Seeking advice about ISDN BRI Cards

> Thank you all for valuable input,
>
> another question: when do I actually need the echo cancellation
> (hardware / on board /on module ) ?

It depends on your environment. If there are still analog devices in addition to VoIP, I'd say
always, but Asterisk has a rudimentary echo canceller already on board. The Telcos use echo
cancellers themselves, but it cannot hurt to have a hardware canceller on your BRI card.

Nowadays I see more problems with reverberation in connection with cheap speakerphones or simple
mics and speakers on PCs, but that's a different story.

jh