[asterisk-users] PJSIP CCSS

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu May 21 11:43:25 CDT 2015

Ludovic Gasc wrote:
> <mailto:jd.girard at sysnux.pf>>:

>     Le 21/05/2015 00:16, Joshua Colp a écrit :
>     >  If CCSS is needed then the only option is to use chan_sip. The
>     >  chan_pjsip module does not implement CCSS in any way.
>
>     Is CCSS support planned for PJSIP? chan_sip is in "extended" state in
>     asterisk-13, so chan_pjsip should be preferred for new installations, ri
>     ght?
>

> If you really want CCSS support and to be fancy with PJSIP, you can
> easily implement a similar feature with AMI events, I already did that a
> long time ago before the integration of CCSS in Asterisk.
> I think it's possible to implement that only with dialplan and call files.
>
> In my mind, chan_sip will be dropped after asterisk 13, is it true ?

It won't be dropped. It still has features which are not available in
PJSIP, and people still use it. The extended status refers to the
support level. Per the support states wiki page[1]:

This module is supported by the Asterisk community, and may or may not
have an active developer. Some extended modules have active community
developers; others do not. Issues reported against these modules may
have a low level of support.

[1]
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Module+Support+States

--