[asterisk-users] reduce delay in fax detection

Tech Support asterisk at voipbusiness.us
Wed May 20 09:41:48 CDT 2015

Hey;

    Yes, I’ve also seen that 5 second delay with our fax server and it drove me crazy. How I solved it was by doing a “core show channels <concise|verbose>” and detect if there was a fax transmission going on.  Doing it this way shows up instantaneously without any delay. Like so:

mte6*CLI> core show channels concise

SIP/SIPRoutes-00000054!faxserver-tx!fax!11!Up!SendFAX!/var/spool/asterisk/fax/documents/faxadmin/default.tif,dfz!!voipbusiness!!3!4!(None)!1432132315.97

mte6*CLI> core show channels verbose

Channel              Context              Extension        Prio State   Application  Data                      CallerID        Duration Accountcode PeerAccount BridgedTo

SIP/SIPRoutes-000000 faxserver-tx         fax                11 Up      SendFAX      /var/spool/asterisk/fax/d                 00:00:10 voipbusines             (None)

1 active channel

1 active call

62 calls processed

mte6*CLI> core show channels

Channel              Location             State   Application(Data)

SIP/SIPRoutes-000000 fax at faxserver-tx:11  Up      SendFAX(/var/spool/asterisk/fa

1 active channel

1 active call

62 calls processed

All of these outputs shows that there is a fax transmission taking place. I hope this helps.

Regards;

JV