[asterisk-users] Inboud call drops when transfered

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Wed May 13 16:19:10 CDT 2015

     We are having a strange problem today.  We have a SIP trunk from a
provider and incoming calls are being dropped after the IVR when
attempting to connect to any internal phone.  If a you dial a DID that
goes directly to a phone you can talk but the call will drop when you
attempt a transfer.

     The trunk provider tells us that they are dropping the call because
according to them we are trying to transfer the call out on the trunk
instead of doing it internally (which I really do not understand how
that would even be possible).  In the CLI I can see the following error
when the call drops:

-- Got SIP response 500 "Server Internal Error" back from
172.XXX.XXX.XXX:5060

     Since that is the IP of the provider I woud assume the problem is
on their side but they are insisting Asterisk is to blame here. We are
running Asterisk 11.6-cert10 which has been working fine until today
with no changes.

Carlos Chávez
+52 (55)9116-91161