[asterisk-users] Recommendations for IMAP Voicemail

Tech Support asterisk at voipbusiness.us
Wed May 13 11:23:31 CDT 2015

Hey;

What you may want to do is specify the “externnotify” option in voicemail.conf. If you set something like:

externnotify=/full/path/to/imap-script

the script will run right after a voicemail is received so you won't have to worry about any time delays.  The command specified for externnotify is run with the arguments (in this order): context, extension, new voicemails, old voicemails and urgent voicemails. I tried it myself and it works fine for me.

Regards;

John