[asterisk-users] Recommendations for IMAP Voicemail

Olivier oza.4h07 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 09:58:54 CDT 2015

> Hey;
>
>     It seems to me that for what you want to do, it would be easier just
> to email the user the voicemail audio file as an attachment.

Yes that's true but still, for users with an "intensive voicemail usage",
unified messaging is attractive.
In the long run, is unified messaging still rated as useful ? I honestly
don't know.

> I believe that when you choose to store voicemails using IMAP, it applies
> to all of your users which may not be what you want to do.

Yes.
These days, voicemail storage type is still a compilation time option, that
apply to all users.

Maybe, those attending to Astricon Dev sessions could explain us if
voicemail storage customization could be introduced in a future version.

Cheers