[asterisk-users] "Retransmission Timeout" results in dropped calls after 32 seconds

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Tue May 12 17:42:57 CDT 2015

Andrew Martin wrote:

<snip>

> Joshua,
>
> As a mitigation for this problem, could I increase the "timerb" option in sip.conf
> to a large value, say 1 hour (instead of the default 32 seconds)? What other
> consequences would there be from this change?

I don't know if chan_sip will allow this, but if it does... it'll keep
transmitting over and over... it would be better to get to the bottom of
the problem. Do a packet capture on the machine running Asterisk and see
where the packet goes. That's the only thing left really. It's also
possible something got fixed in relation to directmedia between your
version and latest 11.

--
Joshua Colp