[asterisk-users] Determining if a queue member is paused in Dialplan logic. [1.8]

John Kiniston johnkiniston at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 13:38:26 CDT 2015

Howdy,

I'm looking at enabling autopause on one of my queues where my queue
members are bad about leaving their desks without pausing.

The problem I see is that when the queue pauses an Member it doesn't jump
into the dialplan to do so which means my handy device state and asterisk
database driven Light for the Member showing their paused status won't
update.

My idea for solving this problem is to check the status of my Member in the
queue before I send the calls into it and toggle on the Members Paused
light at that point in time if they are paused.

Sadly I don't see a way to determine if my Staff are paused or not from the
dialplan, There doesn't appear to be a function to retrieve the status of
the members in the queue.

Does the list have any suggestions?

a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts,
build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,
cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure,
program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.
---Heinlein