[asterisk-users] Call Quality Measuring

Patrick Beaumont p.beaumont at hatsoffsoftware.co.uk
Wed Mar 25 08:21:26 CDT 2015

Hi everyone.

We regularly get customers complaining about call quality issues. Most of
the time it turns out to be their own broadband. Very occasionally server
load. Does anyone have any advice or links to advice on measuring call
quality?

I’ve been playing around with “sip show channelstats” but can’t other than
measuring the packet loss I don’t really know what I’m supposed to be
looking for in order to say “ah ha! that’s the problem!”. I also don’t
know what it’s limits are. Will the stats in “sip show channelstats” show
a customer using a torrent client and saturating their own broadband
connection?

Regards,
Patrick.