[asterisk-users] Unable to connect to remote asterisk

Ivan Demkovitch idemkovitch at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 22 21:56:59 CDT 2015

Hello list!

I’m working on a fresh Asterisk install over CentOS7 base. I’m using “Asterisk. The Definite guide” book as a reference.
I connect and work using SSH

Problem I have - I can’t connect to asterisk from remote. Getting error:
$ sudo asterisk -rvvvvvv
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl exist?)

Yes, it exist, and service runs:

[asteriskpbx at localhost asterisk]$ service --status-all
asterisk.service - LSB: Asterisk PBX
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/asterisk)
   Active: active (running) since Sun 2015-03-22 21:04:22 CDT; 23min ago
  Process: 1615 ExecStart=/etc/rc.d/init.d/asterisk start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 2931
   CGroup: /system.slice/asterisk.service
           ├─ 2924 /bin/sh /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk
           └─88248 sleep 4

If I start using -c - there is some warnings, but I don’t think it’s a problem?

Running as user 'asteriskpbx'
Running under group 'asteriskpbx'
[ Initializing Custom Configuration Options ]
XSLT support not found. XML documentation may be incomplete.
CDR simple logging enabled.
178 modules will be loaded.
No configured users for ARI
Error loading module 'res_ari_mailboxes.so': /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/res_ari_mailboxes.so: undefined symbol: stasis_app_mailbox_to_json
Module 'res_ari_mailboxes.so' could not be loaded.
!!! PLEASE NOTE: Setting 'nat' for a peer/user that differs from the  global setting can make
!!! the name of that peer/user discoverable by an attacker. Replies for non-existent peers/users
!!! will be sent to a different port than replies for an existing peer/user. If at all possible,
!!! use the global 'nat' setting and do not set 'nat' per peer/user.
!!! (config category='0000FFFF0001' global force_rport='No' peer/user force_rport='Yes')
!!! PLEASE NOTE: Setting 'nat' for a peer/user that differs from the  global setting can make
!!! the name of that peer/user discoverable by an attacker. Replies for non-existent peers/users
!!! will be sent to a different port than replies for an existing peer/user. If at all possible,
!!! use the global 'nat' setting and do not set 'nat' per peer/user.
!!! (config category='0000FFFF0002' global force_rport='No' peer/user force_rport='Yes')
SIP channel loading...
No IAX provisioning configuration found, IAX provisioning disabled.
Adding default_menu menu to app_confbridge
Failed to load configuration file. Module not activated.
No mappings found in cel_custom.conf. Not logging CEL to custom CSVs.
Failed to load configuration file.
*CLI> Asterisk Ready.

Another thing, everywhere in doc’s and references I see that I can use “exit” on CLI. If I try to type “exit” - it says there is no such command.

Please pardon me, I’m new to both Linux and Asterisk, trying to learn from beginning..