[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13.1.0/PJSIP outbound calling using SIP trunk: Unable to create request with auth.No auth credentials for any realms in challenge.

George Joseph george.joseph at fairview5.com
Sun Mar 15 14:25:34 CDT 2015

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Sonny Rajagopalan <
sonny.rajagopalan at gmail.com> wrote:

> That was the issue, thanks. I now am able to get the caller ringing on an
> outbound call, but an external phone number (E164) I am dialing does not
> ring.

Any error messages?  If you set 'core set verbose 3' and try it, does the
Dial get executed?

> On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 12:19 PM, George Joseph <
> george.joseph at fairview5.com> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 8:32 AM, Sonny Rajagopalan <
>> sonny.rajagopalan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I have setup my Asterisk 13.1.0 server with PJSIP on AWS/EC2. My basic
>>> configuration works, and I am connected to a SIP trunk using SIP.US,
>>> and have set up my inbound calling which works correctly (when I call my
>>> PBX DID, the call does come into my PBX network).
>>>
>>> The issue is that I am not able to make outbound calls, because the call
>>> fails with the error:
>>>
>>> res_pjsip_outbound_authenticator_digest.c:125
>>> digest_create_request_with_auth: Unable to create request with auth.No auth
>>> credentials for any realms in challenge.

>>> =========================================================================================
>>>
>>>  Endpoint:  sonnyGW1                                        Not in use
>>>  0 of inf
>>>     OutAuth:  sonnyGW1_auth/sonny
>>>         Aor:  sonnyGW1                                      0
>>>       Contact:  sonnyGW1/sip:65.254.44.194:5060             Unknown
>>>           nan
>>>   Transport:  transport-udp             udp      0      0  0.0.0.0:5060
>>>    Identify:  sonnyGW1/sonnyGW1
>>>         Match: 65.254.44.194/32
>>>
>>> My pjsip.conf is as below
>>>
>>> [sonnyGW1]
>>> type=registration
>>> transport=transport-udp
>>> outbound_auth=sonnyGW1_auth
>>> server_uri=sip:gw1.sip.us
>>> client_uri=sip:sonny at gw1.sip.us
>>> contact_user=sonny
>>> retry_interval=60
>>> forbidden_retry_interval=600
>>> expiration=3600
>>>
>>> [sonnyGW1_auth]
>>> type=auth
>>> auth_type=userpass
>>> password=somepassword
>>> username=sonny
>>> realm=gw1.sip.us
>>>

>> You probably need to remove the 'realm' line so that it will match any
>> realm in the challenge.
>>

>>> [sonnyGW1]
>>> type=aor
>>> contact=sip:65.254.44.194:5060