[asterisk-users] Unstable phone connection

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Thu Mar 12 14:58:31 CDT 2015

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 15:14:24 -0400
"Bryant Zimmerman" <BryantZ at zktech.com> wrote:
>  If the device is registering and then dropping there are several
> usual items.
>  The router may be closing the ports on the device.

I don't see how.  I am logged into the ATA through the router and I
don't lose the connection.

>  The router may have a AGL SIP helper that is causing issues.

Can't find an AGL setting.  There is a SIP checkbox.  Pretty sure I
have that turned off but I can try to get someone to check.

>  Make sure that the device is sending out keep alive packets.

I have that flag turned on.

>  Shut down any AGL helpers on the router.

See above.

>  Make sure that the site is not double NATing

There's only one router.  It is the ADSL device as well.

>  Try using a stun server and see if that helps at all.

I tried with and without.  I am using stunserver.org.

>  Watch you console on your sip serer to see how long the device runs
> before losing connection.

I don't think it does.  Both the server and the ATA think that they are
still registered but when a call comes in there is no ringing on the
line.  If I split dial it rings the cell phone but I still hear no
ringing from the caller side unless registration is actually turned off
from the ATA and a "sip unregister" is issued.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net