[asterisk-users] Asterisk API

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Sun Mar 8 11:44:15 CDT 2015

Markus Weiler wrote:
> Hi all,

Kia ora,

> currently we're looking to program a new asterisk application. Years ago
> we used AMI and Asterisk Java.
> When we did this we pretty soon encountered performance issues when
> using a lot of channels.
> We want to place calls, bridge channels, disconnect channels, monitor
> them, hangup.
> What's the status with Asterisk REST API?
> Any experiences on performance,stability,documentation, caveats? Any
> toolkits for a fast start, Frameworks in any language? Hints? Best
> practices?

While bugs have crept up they haven't really been in the performance or
stability area. It's mostly been features and making it a better
experience for the users of ARI. Documentation wise the wiki[1] has a
lot of great information including some example usage and a list of
libraries. There's also a new asterisk-app-dev mailing list which is
focused on applications built upon Asterisk.

Cheers,

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=29395573

--
Joshua Colp