[asterisk-users] PJSIP configuration for AWS/EC2 based Asterisk 13.1.0

Sonny Rajagopalan sonny.rajagopalan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:52:00 CST 2015

Hello All,

I have an Asterisk server v13.1.0 running on EC2 and I am able to connect
and register SIP devices and "see" them on the asterisk CLI. I am also able
to place calls, but I am not able to hear any audio on either end after the
call is picked up.

I was wondering if you can tell me what a minimal configuration for
Asterisk on EC2 looks like. My current pjsip.conf configuration looks like
this:

type=transport
protocol=udp
bind=0.0.0.0
local_net=172.31.32.0/20
; In the following two lines, replace "<publicIP>" with the output of
; curl -s http://169.254.169.254/latest/meta-data/public-ipv4
external_media_address=<publicIP>
external_signaling_address=<publicIP>

[endpoint_internal](!)
type=endpoint
context=from-internal
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
direct_media=no

[auth_userpass](!)
type=auth
auth_type=userpass

[aor_dynamic](!)
type=aor
max_contacts=1
remove_existing=yes
;Definitions for our phones, using the templates above

;; usernames and passwords etc. below

My security group configuration allows TCP, UDP posrt 5060 inbound,
outbound from/to 0.0.0.0/0 and TCP, UDP ports 10000-20000 from/to 0.0.0.0/0.

Should I turn on STUN for my zoiper softphones? Any specific flavor?

What am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated.