[asterisk-users] PJSIP works on UDP but not TCP

Chirag Desai djchillerz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 17:32:29 CST 2015

Hi all,

I have Asterisk 13 running and I'm currently trying to get PJSIP working on
TCP.

My transport looks like this. My box is not behind NAT.

[transport-tcp]
type=transport
protocol=tcp
bind=0.0.0.0:5061

My endpoint looks like this:

[user1]
type=endpoint
transport=transport-tcp
context=local_out
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=g722
auth=user1
aors=user1
direct_media=no
rtp_symmetric=yes
force_rport=yes
rewrite_contact=yes

[user1]
type=auth
auth_type=userpass
password=123456
username=user1

[user1]
type=aor
remove_existing=yes
max_contacts=1

I have two endpoints user1 and user 2. Both are able to register fine.

With both endpoints I can call into asterisk and do an echo test without
issue or listen to music.

However, when trying to call one endpoint from another, nothing happens.

My dialplan is fine. Switching the transport to UDP allows me to call
between endpoints.

In TCP however, I can see PJSIP send an invite, but then receives no

I've spent all evening trying to figure it out and am a bit stumped now,
since changing to UDP works straight away.

I'm testing with a snom 760 and cSipSimple, calls don't work in either
direction and regardless of local network or mobile network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Chirag