[asterisk-users] WebRTC phone

Jarrod Cuzens jarrod at mogl.com
Tue Mar 3 23:47:49 CST 2015

For those that were interested I have attached the kamailio.cfg which we
have working with Kamailio 4.2.1 and Asterisk 1.8.23/32. Specifically, the
following yum packages:

kamailio.x86_64                      4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-auth-ephemeral.x86_64       4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-bdb.x86_64                  4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-carrierroute.x86_64         4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-cpl.x86_64                  4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-debuginfo.x86_64            4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-gzcompress.x86_64           4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-ims.x86_64                  4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-ldap.x86_64                 4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-mysql.x86_64                4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-outbound.x86_64             4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-postgres.x86_64             4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-presence.x86_64             4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-python.x86_64               4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-sctp.x86_64                 4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-snmpstats.x86_64            4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-sqlite.x86_64               4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-tls.x86_64                  4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-unixodbc.x86_64             4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-utils.x86_64                4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-uuid.x86_64                 4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-websocket.x86_64            4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-xml.x86_64                  4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms
kamailio-xmpp.x86_64                 4.2.1-4.1
@home_kamailio_v4.2.x-rpms

Keep in mind that using Kamailio to bridge the signalling is only half of
the equation. You must also bridge the media and so the rtpengine module
allows Kamailio to interface with the rtpengine (
https://github.com/sipwise/rtpengine) which does that half.

In the provided example Kamailio.cfg there isn't any real hardening and
it's pretty much purely used as a bridge that would front an Asterisk 1.8
server for webrtc capabilities (but not any other sip). It uses the
dispatcher module to dispatch to the underlying asterisk so you will still
need to add the Asterisk to the dispatcher config.

Thanks,
Jarrod