[asterisk-users] Help With Physical Layer

Duncan Turnbull duncan at e-simple.co.nz
Tue Jun 30 06:15:25 CDT 2015

------ Original Message ------
From: "Tony Kasule" <timotsmith at gmail.com>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: 30/06/2015 8:34:47 p.m.
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Help With Physical Layer

>Hello,
>
>Anyone to help me with this issue? It has never worked :(

Hi Tony

I'm not familiar with the card you but 120 ohm is usually twisted pair,
and 75 ohm is coax (usually). If it is changeable its usually done with
jumpers on the card. I have used RAD modems before and their cable will
have a specific pinout that you need to match. I doubt your digium card
by default matches the pins, but maybe, and perhaps maybe your alcatel
did. There will be a tx pair and an rx pair and you need to make sure
they connect to the rx and tx pairs on the digium preferably with the
same polarity. If you are getting no signal I would think its that. You
can use a multimeter to check for voltage on the pins.

Once you get that sorted another catch maybe timing. You will need to
take E1 timing from one or other of the Telco's, with one as the primary
source. If they for some reason aren't synced you will get errors every
so often

Good luck

Cheers Duncan