[asterisk-users] Help With Physical Layer

David Duffett dduffett at digium.com
Tue Jun 30 04:36:55 CDT 2015

What response do you get to *CLI> pri show spans ?

On 30 June 2015 at 09:34, Tony Kasule <timotsmith at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Anyone to help me with this issue? It has never worked :(
>
> On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 11:34 AM, Tony Kasule <timotsmith at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello users,
>>
>> I have a Digium Te235 and asterisk 13  which have worked well with 1
>> carrier but we have failed to add a 2nd carrier. The second telco brings
>> their E1 line over finer, terminated in a RAD modem and they give me
>> ethernet to the E1 card. It's the first time i am having install such a
>> solution, which ideally would be not a big problem.
>>
>> However, The  physical layer has failed to come up! I have tried the same
>> setup in an Alcatel OmniOCX and it works well. I can confirm that the port
>> is also well configured because when I interchange the cables (with the
>> exiting cable from the other telco), the alarm clears emmediately for the
>> 1st telco and becomes RED for the 2nd telco. A loop also clears the alarm
>> on both ports.
>>
>> The telco has told me to make sure that Line Impedance is 120 ohms but
>> There's no where to set that and when I was reading, I was told that E1 is
>> already 120 ohms so no need to change anything.
>>
>> Has anyone here experienced this?  What other things can I try?
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tim
>>

> --

[image: Digium logo]
*David Duffett*
Digium, Inc. · Director, Worldwide Asterisk Community
6 Landscape Close · Weston on the Green · Bicester · Oxfordshire OX25 3SX ·
UK
direct/fax: +1 256 428 6119 · mobile: +44 7722 442236
twitter: dduffett · linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/davidduffett
Check us out at: http://digium.com · http://asterisk.org
<http://www.asterisk.org/>