[asterisk-users] Asterisk dialplan best practices syntax

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sun Jun 28 10:08:08 CDT 2015

On Sun, 28 Jun 2015, Ludovic Gasc wrote:

> It's interesting because from my point of view, I prefer to use '=>',
> because, to me, '=' is for config files. The dialplan is a programming
> language, not a config file.

The only language I'm familiar with (I'm primarily a 'c' guy) that uses
'=>' is PHP. In PHP, '=>' is used with associative arrays.

I tend to think of a dialplan as a group of one dimensional linear arrays
with the name of the array being the context concatenated with the exten
so for me, a simple assignment makes sense.

--
Thanks in advance,