[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13 logging to two places

Dale Noll dnoll at wi.rr.com
Fri Jun 26 13:19:08 CDT 2015

The line you commented out was writing errors to /var/log/asterisk/messages

The problem you are having is the logging to /var/log/messages via syslog.
It appears that Asterisk is sending verbose logging out to syslog even
though logger.conf does not have syslog configured. I am not sure why
Asterisk is doing that, and I do not want to play on a production system.

I added a filter to the /etc/rsyslog.conf file

:syslogtag, contains, "asterisk" stop

Syslog is still receiving the messages, but is discarding them.

Dale