[asterisk-users] Asterisk 13 logging to two places

Tom Peters TPeters at mcts.org
Fri Jun 26 11:50:47 CDT 2015

Switched from Asterisk 1.8 to 13.3.2. Now it logs to /var/log/asterisk/full (good) as well as /var/log/messages (not good). Anyone know why?

# grep -v "^;" logger.conf

[general]
[logfiles]
console => notice,warning,error
messages => error
full => notice,warning,error,debug,verbose,dtmf,fax

Thankfully, the .../full logs are rotating properly now (thanks Dale) but we don't need both files cluttered up. We use /var/log/asterisk/full pretty extensively for troubleshooting, but I want /var/log/messages for other stuff. Didn't do this under the old version.

Any other files you want to see?

Running on CentOS release 7.1.1503

Thomas M. Peters | Systems Administrator | tpeters at mcts.org
Desk: 414.343.1720 | Helpdesk: x3400 or helpdesk at mcts.org