[asterisk-users] asterisk email to fax

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jun 25 12:29:50 CDT 2015

On Wednesday 24 Jun 2015, tux john wrote:
> hello everyone.
> i am using asterisk 11.16 in my home office and i am using fax to email
> with it. i am quite happy with the way it works, no problems at all. when
> a fax arrives in a particular DID then the system sends it with mailutils
> to my email address as pdf. there is not any email address setup in the
> system, simply mailutils.

> i would like to add email to fax functionality to the system. could someone
> point me to the right direction to see how please?

Beware!  This is an exercise fraught with pitfalls for the unwary.  Your users
will expect to be able to e-mail any proprietary format and have it appear on
the remote fax machine exactly as though it would on their own printer; and
will blame you when it doesn't work because nothing else can read the files
produced by an ancient piece of closed-source software that worked only with
one particular obsolete version of Windows.

The correct procedure if some pointy-haired type asks you to do this, is to
run away as fast as possible.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .