[asterisk-users] Receiving faxes with spandsp question

Ivan Demkovitch idemkovitch at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 25 00:00:52 CDT 2015

Hello!

I’m trying to add fax functionality to my asterisk installation. Right now I’m focusing on receiving faxes. This is not explained in a book, but I assume that I can use same context, add “fax” extension and if someone calls to send fax - it will autodetect. Right?

 Per book, I made following setup additions:

1. In sip.conf [general] I added:

;FAX stuff
faxdetect=yes
t38pt_udptl=yes

2. In extensions.conf I hade something like this:

[from-callcentric]
exten => s,1,Goto(automated_attendant,s,1)

; FAX handling stuff AS IN BOOK
exten => fax,1,Verbose(3,Incoming Fax)
        same => n,Set(FAXDEST=/tmp)     ; folder where faxes will be stored
        same => n,Set(tempfax=${STRFTIME(,,%C%y%m%d%H%M)})
        same => n,ReceiveFax(${FAXDEST}/${tempfax}.tif)
        same => n,Verbose(3, - Fax receipt completed with status: ${FAXSTATUS})

Well, that didn’t work. Trying to send fax - it was going to my autoattendant and never triggered fax. So, I made a change like so:

3. Changed extensions.conf

[from-callcentric]
; FAX handling stuff AS IN BOOK
exten => s,1,Verbose(3,Incoming Fax)
        same => n,Set(FAXDEST=/tmp)     ; folder where faxes will be stored
        same => n,Set(tempfax=${STRFTIME(,,%C%y%m%d%H%M)})
        same => n,ReceiveFax(${FAXDEST}/${tempfax}.tif)
        same => n,Verbose(3, - Fax receipt completed with status: ${FAXSTATUS})

I just made it fax handling context, and I got FAX :) !!!! But, while fax was received I was getting following:

[2015-06-24 23:40:28] WARNING[47369][C-00000005]: res_fax_spandsp.c:438 spandsp_log: WARNING T.30 ECM carrier not found

QUESTIONS:

1. Should I do something about this warning?
2. How do I receive fax and have main entry to auto attendant in a same context? Can I have it on same puplic phone number?

Thanks!
Ivan