[asterisk-users] setting outbound caller ID

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Fri Jun 19 03:15:07 CDT 2015

On Thursday 18 Jun 2015, Greg Woods wrote:
> I have found several places where it is explained how to do this, and I
> have got the following setup, but it is not working (the provider claims
> they are not getting a proper caller ID setting from me).
>
> I have a number of extensions that are shorthand, that I will use one of as
> an example (real number hidden):
>
> exten => 2473,1,Macro(callout,##########)
>
> Then this (actual number hidden again):
>
> [macro-callout]
> exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=##########)
> exten => s,2,Set(CALLERID(name)=##########)
> exten => s,3,Set(CALLERID(all)="##########" <##########>)
> exten => s,4,Dial(${PROVIDER}/"1${ARG1}",30,tr)
> exten => s,n,Hangup()
>

> I have also tried setting only the number with the same results:
>
> exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=##########)
> exten => s,2,Dial .....
>
> When I dial that extension, the call goes through, but the caller ID is not
> correct at the destination.
>
> Does this look right?
>
> My provider claims that I am somehow sending an old number that doesn't
> appear anywhere in my /etc/asterisk directory where the config files are
> kept. I think they are screwed up somehow, but I wanted to see if anyone
> can see anything obviously wrong with what I am doing here, because unless
> I can find something wrong with my Asterisk configuration, I am probably
> going to have to change providers and port my number again (I just moved
> from a POTS provider Century Link to a VOIP provider).
>
> Thank you,
> --Greg

Did you try

exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(num-pres)=allowed)
  before your
exten => s,n,Set(CALLERID(num)=##########)
  ?

Also, note that some providers expect you to supply the full STD code
including the leading zero; some providers expect you to omit the leading 0;
while other providers expect you to use the 44  (or equivalent, inbound code
for whatever country you live in; in which case you must always omit the
leading 0 from the STD code, as though you were calling home from abroad).

Begin by sending your ident in the same format that your telco use for
incoming calls, but don't be surprised for a moment if they expect something
different .....

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .