[asterisk-users] setting outbound caller ID

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu Jun 18 12:27:08 CDT 2015

I have found several places where it is explained how to do this, and I
have got the following setup, but it is not working (the provider claims
they are not getting a proper caller ID setting from me).

I have a number of extensions that are shorthand, that I will use one of as
an example (real number hidden):

exten => 2473,1,Macro(callout,##########)

Then this (actual number hidden again):

[macro-callout]
exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=##########)
exten => s,2,Set(CALLERID(name)=##########)
exten => s,3,Set(CALLERID(all)="##########" <##########>)
exten => s,4,Dial(${PROVIDER}/"1${ARG1}",30,tr)
exten => s,n,Hangup()

I have also tried setting only the number with the same results:

exten => s,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=##########)
exten => s,2,Dial .....

When I dial that extension, the call goes through, but the caller ID is not
correct at the destination.

Does this look right?

My provider claims that I am somehow sending an old number that doesn't
appear anywhere in my /etc/asterisk directory where the config files are
kept. I think they are screwed up somehow, but I wanted to see if anyone
can see anything obviously wrong with what I am doing here, because unless
I can find something wrong with my Asterisk configuration, I am probably
going to have to change providers and port my number again (I just moved
from a POTS provider Century Link to a VOIP provider).

Thank you,
--Greg