[asterisk-users] small homebrew pbx

Paul Hayes paul at provu.co.uk
Wed Jun 17 06:40:56 CDT 2015

On 15/06/15 07:46, lucio at sulweb.org wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> Given the requirements above, what's a cheap but working PCIe card / USB
> adapter I could buy for this kind of PBX? Do I need things like echo
> cancellation? Do I need FXS ports?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Lucio.

I would get hold of some lower-power hardware, that system seems hugely
over-specified for what you want to do.

A raspberry pi & a Cisco SPA-3102 would be a good solution.  Cisco don't
make the 3102 any more but there are still plenty of them around.  I
believe Grandstream still make ATAs as well but I've never thought very
highly of them.  As others have said, it's an FXO port you need.

You want to avoid transcoding on low power hardware such as a raspberry
pi so set everything for a codec such as g711a or g711u (Asterisk, the
IP phones you use and the SPA3102).