[asterisk-users] howto copy a voicemail message to another machine ?

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Wed Jun 17 00:09:40 CDT 2015

On 2015-06-16 13:53, Steve Edwards wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Jun 2015, sean darcy wrote:
>
>> There's no problem setting up vm on *. I can't use email off the
>> instance, since the assigned ip address doesn't have a PTR.
>>
>> It looks too much like spam. The mail relays drop it.
>
> Would configuring your own (or your ISP's) smarthost help?

This is a very common problem that is usually solved by configuring your
asterisk server to send all mail through a valid email server (known as
smarthost in postfix or sendmail).  You can even configure your server
with valid credentials to log in in case they are needed.  Just google
"smarthost (your mail daemon)" and you will get plenty of help.  This is
much easier than trying to run external scripts to copy the voicemail.

Of course if you want to do it the hard way you can always configure
voicemail to use a database backend and then simply sync the database to
another server.

Carlos Chávez
dCAP #1349
+52 (55)9116-91161