[asterisk-users] asterisk & google contacts

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Thu Jun 11 06:05:42 CDT 2015

On Thursday 11 Jun 2015, tux john wrote:
> Hello everyone. i am running an asterisk server and i would like to have
> the contacts from google. so every inbound call with fetch the caller ID
> from google contacts and present it to my screen.

This is really three problems, as follows:

(1)  Accessing the Google Contacts API to retrieve someone's details based on
their phone number.
(2)  Passing the incoming caller's number to an AGI script.
(3)  Displaying the details retrieved from Google on your screen.

Presuming you already know how to write a program to look up a Google
contact's details from their phone number, you just need to turn that into an
AGI script.  Then, in your dialplan, pass the incoming number to that script.

If you want Asterisk itself to have anything to do with the Google data, you
will have to return them by setting channel variables within the script.  Or
if you are going to use some external means to pass the data to the user, then
you can have your script fork itself, detach and return straight away.

--
AJS

Note:  Originating address only accepts e-mail from list!  If replying off-
list, change address to asterisk1list at earthshod dot co dot uk .