[asterisk-users] Fritzbox 7490

Rusty Newton rnewton at digium.com
Tue Jun 9 08:56:02 CDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Christian <christian08 at runbox.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Sorry if off topic, but is anyone here on this list using it?
> I am currently searching for a good router for my home network wich
> supports SIP.
> Many thanks!

You'll probably get more answers in a generic VOIP/SIP forum, but I'd
recommend asking a more specific question.

Almost any router will "support SIP" if you simply open the proper ports
and setup the right forwarding.

What kind of support you specifically looking for?

Some routers have SIP ALG, but it isn't completely necessary and can
sometimes be a hassle. I had to turn it off on my home ASUS RT-N56U as
there was no configuration for it (it was even undocumented! yay!).

--

Rusty Newton
Digium, Inc. | Community Support Manager445 Jan Davis Drive NW -